We all have families that have secrets…diseases especially.
Your family is no doubt plagued with disease. They all are. That’s why the first thing the doctor asks is a complete family history. You’ve seen the sheets and sheets of paperwork you have to answer telling if there was someone in your immediate and not so immediate family who had disease a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, I, j, k, l, m,n,o,etc etc and you have no idea what they are, let alone whether a family member had it.
But with a few phone calls and a few inquisitive questions…you’d be surprised what lurks in your family history. However, once you know – everything changes. There are even some disease that early detection can change the diagnosis from preventable to death. You could be the person who educates everyone in your family! What a great opportunity!
You now have a cause that is directly affecting your world. Directly affecting you…if the dna and chromosomes are in the right(or wrong…depending on how you look at it) shape and direction. This is something directly affecting your family. Directly affecting everyone else that has, could have, and will have these diseases.
What to do:
- Make the calls, and find out.
- Start calling the family tree and letting them know.
- Become part of the causes website, facebook, etc.
- Read all about it and know the way to prevent it.
- Become a champion for your cause.
- If there isn’t on yet, set up the organization to end this disease. (The Susan Kolmen foundation started somewhere)
- Create a nonprofit (if it hasn’t been created already…you’d be surprised on how many diseases don’t have people helping find a cure or working toward prevention) and you could get paid.
What diseases that you know of are hereditary?