When I go out to speak to people, i work towards motivating and inspiring positive change. The whole point is to give people tools, inspiration, motivation, and ideas to go out and change the world in a positive way.
I can give people ways to help all sorts of causes every minute.
actually, if you have just heard me speak – you probably have more ideas and thoughts than you know what to do with.
BUT – one topic, which is very dear to my heart, is domestic violence. A horrible disease in our world that is TOTALLY preventable. Because, how do you prevent it – DON’T DO IT.
What an easy solution!
But then people ask, but how do I motivate others, what can I do to stop Dv, what can I do to help the Dv community and all of the victims out there, what can I do to make a change?
I’m always stopped right there because Dv is such a controversial and hard cause. Ask most people how to prevent and end Dv and they will say – Stop hitting people or worse they blame the victim (AUGH!!)
Here is a comprehensive list of some things that we can all do
1. Donate to a domestic violence center.
Volunteer at a domestic violence center.
- . Speak at your children’s school about preventing domestic violence.
- 4. Start a blog of your own speaking out to prevent domestic violence.
- 5. Like DV prevention pages on Facebook.
- 6. Post DV prevention messages on facebook.
- 7. Be a positive role-model, exercise fairness, and reinforce positive behavior.
- 8. Address inappropriate and disrespectful behavior immediately.
- 9. Encourage and foster safe and respectful relationships in everyone.
- 10. DON’T REMAIN SILENT !!!
- 11. Do not laugh at or make jokes about violence against women or men. because they are not funny, EVER!
- 12. Write letters/emails to companies that use sexism as ways to sell things.
- 13. Write letters to congress/senate/etc. about how they should vote.
- 14. Speak at your church/civic group/book club/etc.
- 15. Become part of the solution! Attend programs, take courses, watch films, and read articles and books about the prevention actions that are being taken. Educate yourself and others about how larger social forces affect the conflicts between individual men and women.
- 16. Don’t fund sexism. Refuse to purchase any magazine, rent any video, subscribe to any Web site, or buy any music that portrays girls or women in a sexually degrading or abusive manner. Protest sexism in the media
(Sorry about the numbering situation)
The awesome part….EVERYONE can take part in this! From 2-99 we are all able to work toward preventing this!